Mental Health First Aid Refresher (Adult) 1/2 Day
Invest in your organisations Mental Health First Aiders and MHFA Champions and retain their knowledge with regular refresher training. This MHFA refresher course will support your Mental Health First Aiders and MHFA Champions by:
• Refreshing their knowledge
• Updating their awareness regarding current protocols and advice
• Provide the opportunity to practice applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
• Discuss any incidents/experiences they may have had since their last period of training
As your organisation updates the knowledge of your physical first aiders, updating the knowledge of your Mental Health First Aiders is a great way to demonstrate your organisation’s pledge to treating mental health and physical health equally. The course will support your organisations Mental Health First Aiders and MHFA Champions giving them and you the confidence that they are performing their role safely and effectively.
• Stress Container, protective and risk factors
• Core principles of ALGEE actions
• Symptoms of depression
• Helpful Resources for depression and anxiety
• Suicide warning signs
• First aid for suicidal crisis
• First aid for severe psychotic episodes
MHFA recommend that students attend a refresher course every three years.
The training is delivered by an experienced and qualified ‘Mental Health First Aid (MHFA England)’ instructor.
To see the range of mental health first aid courses we offer, please click here. Click below to download or print our course information sheet