Mental Health Awareness (Adult) Training (Half Day)
The half day mental health awareness (adult) course is an introductory three hour session and has been designed to raise awareness of mental health among organisations.
On completion of the course delegates will have:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after their own mental health
- Confidence to interact with someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- Insight into the one day Mental Health First Aid Champion and two day Mental Health First Aider courses.
- What is mental health?
- Mental and emotional wellbeing
- Mental health continuum
- Stress vulnerability and stress container
- Thinking distortions
- Stigma and mental health issues
- Supporting people in distress
- Taken ten together toolkit
- Helpful resources
- Useful statistics
- Mental health conditions:
– Anxiety disorders
– Psychosis and schizophrenia
– Bipolar disorder
– Eating disorders
– Mental health and risk: suicide and self-harm
The training is delivered by an experiences and qualified ‘Mental Health First Aid (MHFA England)’ instructor using a combination of: presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
On completion of the course each delegate will receive a MHFA reference manual and an Ouch Mental Health Awareness certificate.
This course can be delivered nationwide at the client’s venue with a ratio of one trainer per 16 delegates.
To explore our other Mental Health First Aid courses on offer, please click here. Click below to download or print our course information sheet