Supervising Manual Handling
This course focuses on the supervision and management of manual handling tasks within the workplace. The correct management of manual handling can often avoid the need for hazardous manual handling operations. The interactive training style provides practical solutions to manual handling issues.
Who is it for?
Any supervisors or management who have a responsibility for employees who carryout manual handling activities in the workplace.
- Anatomy and physiology
- Manual handling injuries and their causes
- Manual handling Risk assessment and controls
- Manual handling assessment chart (MAC) tool
- Responsibilities imposed by the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (as amended in 2002)
- Practical elements including sample workplace solutions
- Tailored syllabus if necessary
- Explain how manual handling can cause injury and give examples
- State the principles for controlling manual handling risks and apply these in a practical context
- Carryout simple manual handling risk assessments using MAC or assist management in the undertaking and revision of manual handling assessments
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main provisions of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations
At the end of the course delegates with undertake an examination paper. Successful candidates will receive an Ouch certificate.
6 hours (1 day). This course can be run in-house for up to 10 delegates.
Ofqual accredited: No
Prerequisite: None, however Manual Handling for operators, or equivalent, is recommended