Evacuation Chair Training
For any organisation, being prepared for any emergency is critical to the safety of staff, visitors or the general public; but especially so for those with mobility issues. That’s why its vitally important to have staff members trained in the correct use of evacuation equipment and to be confident they can assist those who may struggle down the stairs in the event of an emergency.
Who needs this training?
Training is suitable for anyone who may need to use an evacuation chair in an emergency situation to evacuate vulnerable people efficiently.
Why is this training important?
Evacuation chairs help evacuate immobile or fragile people in an emergency down escape stairs. Correct handling of an evacuation chair is very important to avoid injury or strain.
This qualification covers the following topics:
- How to perform safety check of your chair
- History of evacuation chairs
- Health and safety information
- Theory of general usage
- Practical demonstration of evacuation chair procedures
- Maintenance and service requirements for the chair
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Act competently in using the equipment in an emergency situation
- Carry out necessary safety procedures for the equipment
- Perform regular maintenance and services for the chair