British Safety Council Level 1 Award in Health & Safety in a Construction Environment
The level 1 award in health and safety in a construction environment is a completely different approach to safety and health training. It’s high-impact programme designed to be fun and get people fully involved. The first-class, jargon-free content is based on what people need to know in practice, and not off-putting legal language.
Who is it for?
Anyone wishing to apply for the Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS) Green Card to work on a UK construction site
Why is this training important?
Construction is one of the most dangerous workplace activities. Last year, in the UK, 42 of the 133 workplace fatalities occurred in construction.
- The importance, key terms, legal responsibilities and reasons for good health and safety
- Fatalities, injuries and ill-health in construction
- Slips and trips
- Working at height
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Moving vehicles and mobile plant
- Work equipment
- Fire, Electricity
- Manual handling
- Hazardous substances
- Alcohol and drugs
- Health and safety signs
- Personal protective equipment
- Welfare facilities and personal hygiene
- Emergencies and first aid
- Reporting accidents and ill health.
1 day programme
Multiple choice examination
Accredited by Ofqual (601/2884/7)