Accident and Incident Investigation Training
Our accident and incident investigation training will give you a broad understanding of the accident investigation process, looking at the benefits of accident prevention and putting the emphasis on practical training exercises and real-life case studies.
Who needs this qualification?
Training is suitable for line managers, supervisors, safety representatives and anyone with the responsibility for investigating accidents.
Why is this training important?
This one day course will provide delegates with a broad understanding of the principles and practice of accident investigation. It will enable organisations to meet their moral and legal obligations to investigate accidents and incidents and learn from safety failure.
This qualification covers the following topics:
- Principles of accident investigation
- Benefits of accident prevention
- Basic concepts of human factors
- Accident reporting and scope of investigation
- Accident investigation techniques
- Stages of accident investigation
- Practical exercises and case study
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Broad understanding of accident investigation
- Robust understanding of accident investigation
- Readily applicable accident investigation procedures
- Be able to collect, analyse and communicate data
- Understanding of strategies to ensure the organisation learns from safety failure
Assessment: No formal assessment required
Duration: One day program
Venue: In-house courses available (Max. 12 delegates)