This comprehensive course refreshes the knowledge and practical skills delegates need to provide first aid within their workplace. This course is delivered by blending eLearning with practical training and re-qualifies those who are existing first aiders for another 3 years.
Who needs this qualification?
This First Aid at Work Requalification course is suitable for staff who are currently a qualified first aider in their workplace. It refreshes the knowledge and skills required to requalify the delegate for another 3 years.
Why is this training important?
The H&S (First Aid) regulations 1981 place a general duty on employers to provide first aid treatment to employees within the workplace environment. If, having assessed first aid needs, an employer decides to appoint first aiders, the first aider must have a valid certificate of competence.
This course allows for half of the qualification content to be delivered through eLearning. Delegates will complete an eLearning module prior to attending a further 1 day of practical training with one of our Ouch trainers.
We can also run this course fully face to face over 2 days.
Successful delegates will be able to:
• Understand the role & responsibilities of a first aider.
• Assess an incident, conduct a scene survey, primary & secondary survey.
• Provide first aid treatment to an unresponsive casualty, demonstrating the recovery position, CPR and the safe use of a defibrillator (AED).
• Provide first aid treatment to a casualty who is choking.
• Provide first aid treatment to a casualty with severe bleeding, recognising and treating shock.
• Provide first aid treatment to burns and scalds.
• Provide first aid treatment to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints. Including the chest, head and spine.
• Provide first aid treatment to a casualty with an eye injury.
• Provide first aid treatment to a casualty who has been poisoned.
• Provide first aid treatment to a casualty with anaphylaxis.
• Provide first aid treatment to a range of other major illnesses, including heart attack, stroke, epileptic seizure, asthma and diabetic emergency.
• Provide first aid treatment to minor injuries, including small cuts, grazes, bruises and splinters.
On completion of the course each delegate will receive a first aid manual and a certificate.
This course can be delivered at the client’s venue, with a ratio of one trainer per 12 delegates. We also run open courses at Ouch Training Wimborne and Manchester.
This course can be delivered fully face to face or Blended (1 day online, 1 day face to face)
Check out our other courses…