First Aid at Work Requalification
This comprehensive course aims to refresh a First Aider’s skills, providing any recent updates in First Aid procedures. Delegates painlessly absorb essential knowledge through a series of practical scenarios and exercises.
Who is it for?
The course is only suitable for those staff who already hold a current First Aid at Work certificate due to be renewed within three months.
- Assessing the casualty
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Burns and scalds
- Eye injuries
- Casualties overcome by gas or fumes
- Recognition and treatment of illness
- Transportation of casualties
- Client specific subjects including diabetes, epilepsy etc.
- Updates in first aid procedures
- Place pads and follow instructions of an AED unit (defibrillator)
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Act safely, promptly and effectively during emergencies at work
- Use first aid equipment
- Understand employer duties and legislation
- Maintain first aid records
- Recognise the importance of personal hygiene in first aid procedures
Practical assessment and multiple choice examinaton. If successful the delegate will receive a new First Aid At Work certificate, which is valid for three years.
Please note: To continue and renew this qualification learners must attend another First Aid at Work Re-qualification course within the final 3 months of the 3 year certificate expiry period.
Minimum of 12 hours (normally run over 2 days)
This course can be run in-house for up to 12 delegates or individuals can attend our open courses.
Accredited by: The First Aid Industry Body (FAIB) who are accredited through UKAS
Prerequisite: First Aid at Work (3 day)