This course is designed to equip delegates with essential life saving skills. Delegates will participate in practical exercises giving them the confidence to act appropriately in real-life emergency situations.
Who needs this qualification?
This course is suitable for individuals who have no previous knowledge of first aid but would benefit from an understanding of life saving skills including resuscitation.
Why is this training important?
By the end of the course, delegates will have an understanding of the correct way to respond to a first aid emergency.
Successful candidates will be able to:
• Assess an incident.
• Provide effective treatment for an unconscious casualty.
• Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
• Manage a casualty suffering from shock.
• Administer first aid to casualties with wounds or bleeding.
• Manage a casualty who is choking.
• Understand medical conditions including; sickle cell, asthma, epilepsy, diabetes, meningitis.
On completion of the course each delegate will receive a first aid manual and a certificate.
This course can be delivered at the client’s venue, with a ratio of one trainer per 12 delegates. We also deliver bespoke courses for schools, social settings and infants.
Check out our other courses…