Conflict Resolution and Personal Safety
This qualification provides employees with a foundation in conflict resolution. Emphasis is placed on the importance of personal safety when assessing risks, managing escalation, and de-escalating confrontational behaviour in a workplace situation.
Who needs this qualification?
This qualification is ideal for anyone who requires training in conflict management. It is appropriate for a wide range of sectors and is suitable for anyone who has a customer facing role, dealing with service users or the public. It is also a useful qualification for individuals who would like a better understanding of how to prevent conflict situations from arising and who would like to gain more confidence in being able to deal with conflict situations.
On competition of the course delegates will understand:
- The communication cycle, body language, tone of voice and whether the behaviour demonstrated, is assertive, aggressive or passive
- The different human responses to conflict and how to manage them
- Identify potential triggers to conflict
- Assess and reduce the risks in conflict situations
- The different phases in behaviour
- Identify levels of threat from people, the environment and weapons
- How to put their own safety first in a conflict situation including exit routes and attitude
- De escalate conflict in emotive situations-including non-verbal communication
- How to resolve conflict and good practice following any conflict situation
On completion of this training course, delegates will receive a Conflict resolution and personal safety certificate. A course manual accompanies the training day.
This course can be delivered as an in-house training course or we have open course dates at our venue in Dorset.