UKATA / IATP Non Licensed Asbestos Work Refresher
This course updates the knowledge of delegates who have previously completed a Non licensed asbestos working qualification. Persons requiring this type of training would include trade operatives undertaking tasks with ACM’s as defined in HSG210 and in accordance with CAR 2012 Reg 3(2).
Who needs this qualification?
Workers who may need this level of information, instruction and training include all types of tradesmen who undertake tasks which may disturb asbestos, and have completed an initial Non-licensed asbestos working qualification within the previous 18 months.
Course content is dependent upon a Training Needs Assessment ‘TNA’ but will include:
• Asbestos Zones
• EM 6 Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• EM 8 Personal Decontamination
• EM 9 Disposal of Asbestos Waste
• Risk Assessment and Plan of Work
• Emergency Procedures
Course content is dependent upon a Training Needs Assessment ‘TNA’ but may include:
• Drilling holes in AIB and textured coating
• Removal of small AIB panels
• Removal of asbestos cement based products
• Removal of articles containing asbestos such as floor tiles, gaskets
• Understand the requirements to prevent the spread of asbestos and control exposure
• Understand waste handling procedures
• Understand how to adequately decontaminate after working with nonlicensed ACM’s
On completion of the course each delegate will receive a non-licensed asbestos working refresher reference manual and certification. This course can be delivered at the client’s venue, or via blended learning with a ratio of:
• 1 trainer per 6 delegates for UKATA courses
• 1 trainer per 8 delegates for IATP courses
“Friendly teacher that takes time to explain everything” IATP/NLAW 25.03.19
Our training doesn’t end when the course finishes, we provide on-going advice and support:
- Join our mailing list- receive updates on legislation changes and hints & tips
- Join our social media discussions and ask questions to help progress your learning when your back in your working environment
In house courses: Please contact us on 01202 880999 or email us at [email protected] to discuss availability and we will be happy to supply a quote.
To read about all of our asbestos courses on offer, please download our booklet below, or alternatively view our asbestos summary page