UKATA Asbestos Awareness for Groundworkers
Awareness training for ground workers is an adapted asbestos awareness course which is designed to more suit the needs of employees whose primary roles involve groundworking. This course focuses on the risks of exposure to asbestos when working on brownfield sites, made ground and contaminated land.
Who needs this qualification?
Groundworkers; In particular, it should be given to all people employed on projects to redevelop brownfield sites or sites that have previously been occupied by industrial buildings that have been demolished, where it is foreseeable that their work will disturb the ground on site and may expose them to ACSs that may be present within the land.
Why is this training important?
This course will provide an awareness of inground conditions and develop knowledge amongst employees regarding the hazards and risks posed by soils and ground on sites that may contain ACSs. The course further gives an overview of the legislative measures and guidance available to safeguard employees.
On completion of the course, delegates will have:
• An understanding of the legislation relating to asbestos in soils
• An understanding of out how damaging asbestos can be to your health
• Knowledge on how to identify the presence of asbestos in soils
• An understanding of the control of asbestos fibre released from asbestos in soils
• Knowledge of emergency procedures
• Module 1a: History and properties of asbestos
• Module 1b: Health effects of asbestos
• Module 2: Types, uses and likely occurrences of ACM’s
• Module 3: Avoiding the risk of exposure
• Module 4: Legislation
On completion of the course each delegate will receive an asbestos reference manual and an asbestos awareness for ground workers certificate.
This course can be delivered at the client’s venue, or via remote ‘Zoom’ video conferencing, with a ratio of one trainer per 12 delegates.
“Max was very knowledgeable and had interesting personal example/stories to supplement the course – excellent” Matt Wardle, Tony Gee & Partners LLP
Half day programme (3.5 hours)
Our training doesn’t end when the course finishes, we provide on-going advice and support:
- Join our mailing list- receive updates on legislation changes and hints & tips
- Join our social media discussions and ask questions to help progress your learning when your back in your working environment
In house courses: Please contact us on 01202 880999 or email us at [email protected] to discuss availability and we will be happy to supply a quote.
To read about all of our asbestos courses on offer, please download our booklet below, or alternatively view our asbestos summary page