UKATA Asbestos Awareness for Groundworkers Refresher
‘There is no legal requirement to repeat a formal refresher awareness training course every 12 months. However some form of refresher awareness should be given, as necessary’ CAR 2012 – ACoP (L143 second edition)
Employees who have conducted initial awareness training within the previous prescribed time period (12-18 months) and can satisfy the requirements of the TNA (Training Needs Analysis); are not required to attend full (classroom based) asbestos awareness training course, however it is advised some form of refresher training is conducted.
Who needs this qualification?
Groundworkers; In particular, it should be given to all people employed on projects to redevelop brownfield sites or sites that have previously been occupied by industrial buildings that have been demolished, where it is foreseeable that their work will disturb the ground on site and may expose them to ACSs that may be present within the land.
The following training programme for Asbestos Awareness is recommended:
Year 1 Asbestos Awareness (full course)
Year 2 Asbestos Awareness (refresher)
Year 3 Asbestos Awareness (full course)
On completion of the course, delegates will have:
• An understand of the legislation relating to asbestos in soils
• An understanding of how asbestos can damage your health
• Knowledge on how to identify the presence of asbestos in soils
• An understanding of the control of asbestos fibre released from asbestos in soils
• Knowledge of emergency procedures
• Module 1a: History and Properties of Asbestos
• Module 1b: Health Effects of Asbestos
• Module 2: Types, Uses and Likely Occurrences of ACM’s
• Module 3: Avoiding the Risk of Exposure
• Module 4: Legislation
On completion of the course each delegate will receive an asbestos reference manual and an asbestos awareness for groundworkers refresher certificate.
This course can be delivered at the client’s venue, or via remote ‘Zoom’ video conferencing, with a ratio of one trainer per 12 delegates.
“Trainer was very informative and explained the content thoroughly, answering all questions asked” UKATA/AAGW 08.08.19
Our training doesn’t end when the course finishes, we provide on-going advice and support:
- Join our mailing list- receive updates on legislation changes and hints & tips
- Join our social media discussions and ask questions to help progress your learning when your back in your working environment
Please contact us on 01202 880999 or email us at [email protected] to discuss availability and we will be happy to supply a quote.
To read about all of our asbestos courses on offer, please download our booklet below, or alternatively view our asbestos summary page