UKATA / IATP Non-Licensed Asbestos Work Certificate
This course provides delegates with the theoretical and practical skills to undertake non-licensed works with asbestos containing materials. Persons requiring this type of training would include trade operatives undertaking tasks with asbestos containing materials as defined in HSG210 and in accordance with CAR 2012 Reg 3(2).
Who needs this qualification?
Workers who may need this level of information, instruction and training include all types of tradesmen whose work will require them to disturb asbestos containing materials, such as:
• Drilling holes in asbestos materials
• Laying cables in areas containing undamaged asbestos materials
• Removing asbestos containing floor tiles
• Cleaning or repairing asbestos cement sheet roofing or cladding
Why is this training important?
The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 requires every employer to ensure that adequate information, instruction and training is given to their employees who are; or who are liable to be exposed to asbestos, or who supervise such employees. The course enables employees to take necessary measures to safeguard themselves and others affected by work activities.
• Asbestos Zones
• EM 4 Use of Class H Vacuum
• EM 5 Wetting asbestos materials
• EM 6 Personal Protective Equipment
• EM 7 Using damp rags to clean surfaces of minor asbestos contamination
• EM 8 Personal Decontamination
• EM 9 Disposal of Asbestos Waste
• EM 10 Statement of cleanliness after textured coating removal
• Risk Assessment and Plan of Work
• Emergency Procedures
NB. Delegates must have a current asbestos awareness certificate to attend this course.
A Training Needs Assessment ‘TNA’ is required for all practical training activities.
Understand how to undertake specific tasks involving disturbance of ACM’s, including but not
• Drilling holes in AIB and textured coating
• Removal of small AIB panels
• Removal of asbestos cement based products
• Removal of articles containing asbestos such as floor tiles, gaskets
• Understand the requirements to prevent the spread of asbestos and control exposure
• Understand waste handling procedures
• Understand how to adequately decontaminate after working with non-licensed ACM’s
On completion of the course each delegate will receive a Non-Licensed Asbestos Working reference manual and certification. This course can be delivered at the client’s venue, or via blended learning with a ratio of:
• 1 trainer per 6 delegates for UKATA courses
• 1 trainer per 8 delegates for IATP courses
“Very Good – Eye-opening, will be bringing back new ideas and learnt a lot more regulation involved with NLAW asbestos works” M. Alford, Wessex Group
Our training doesn’t end when the course finishes, we provide on-going advice and support:
- Join our mailing list- receive updates on legislation changes and hints & tips
- Join our social media discussions and ask questions to help progress your learning when your back in your working environment
Open courses: You can book online, or alternatively contact us on 01202 880999 or email us at email@example.com
In house courses: Please contact us on 01202 880999 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss availability and we will be happy to supply a quote.
To read about all of our asbestos courses on offer, please download our booklet below, or alternatively view our asbestos summary page