UKATA / IATP Asbestos Awareness Certificate
Asbestos awareness training is legally required for anyone who may be exposed to asbestos containing materials (ACM’s) during their work and those that supervise their activities. Successful completion of the course will demonstrate a basic awareness of asbestos and compliance with Regulation 10 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations. 2012.
Who needs this qualification?
Asbestos Awareness training is designed for employees whose work could expose them to asbestos. The training is also useful for anyone requiring a better understanding of the basic elements of asbestos and is a good ‘stepping stone’ to more in-depth courses.
On completion of the course, delegates will have:
• An understand of the legislation relating to asbestos
• An understanding of how asbestos can damage your health
• Knowledge on how to decipher the types, uses and likely occurrences of asbestos
• An understanding of the use of Management Plans to prevent asbestos fibre disturbance
• Knowledge of emergency procedures
• Module 1a: History and Properties of Asbestos
• Module 1b: Health Effects of Asbestos Module 2: Types, Uses and Likely Occurrences of ACM’s
• Module 2: Types, Uses and Likely Occurrences of ACM’s
• Module 3: Avoiding the Risk of Exposure
• Module 4: Legislation
On completion of the course each delegate will receive an asbestos reference manual and an asbestos awareness certificate.
This course can be delivered at the client’s venue, or via remote ‘Zoom’ video conferencing, with a ratio of one trainer per 16 delegates
Our Ouch Trainer
This Asbestos Awareness course is registered by UKATA and run by our most experienced trainers, who are qualified to BOHS P402 & P405 standards and have over 15 years experience in the health and safety industry.
What our clients say
“Very informative, a different approach than usual courses. What could be a very dry subject, actually ended up being really interesting and it made me think.” Chris Cadwell, Wessex Group
Half day (3.5 hours)
Our training doesn’t end when the course finishes, we provide on-going advice and support:
- Join our mailing list- receive updates on legislation changes and hints & tips
- Join our social media discussions and ask questions to help progress your learning when your back in your working environment
Open courses: You can book online, or alternatively contact us on 01202 880999 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In house courses: Please contact us on 01202 880999 or email us at email@example.com to discuss availability and we will be happy to supply a quote.
To read about all of our asbestos courses on offer, please download our booklet below, or alternatively view our asbestos summary page