Mental Health First Aid Champion Training (1 day course)
Our one day mental health awareness and skills course qualifies delegates as an Adult Mental Health First Aid Champion.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) champions are able to provide support to both management and co-workers. By having MHFA champions at all levels of the workforce, organisations will be more able to meet their goals regarding the health and wellbeing of their employees.
On completion of the training, Mental Health First Aid champions will have:
- An understanding of common mental health issues
- Knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness
- Ability to spot signs of mental ill health
- Skills to support positive wellbeing
- About Mental Health First Aid
- About mental health and stress in the workplace
- Stigma and discrimination
- Anxiety disorders
- Other mental health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis)
- Early warning signs of mental ill health
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- Applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Action 1: Approach the person, assess and assist with any crisis
- Action 2: Listen and communicate non-judgmentally
- Action 3: Give support and information
- Action 4: Encourage the person to get appropriate professional help
- Action 5: Encourage other support mechanisms
- Building a mentally healthy workplace
The training is delivered by an experienced and qualified ‘Mental Heath First Aid (MHFA England)’ instructor, using a combination of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
On completion of the course each delegate will receive a Mental Health First Aid reference manual and a Mental Health First Aid champion certificate.
To see our range of mental health first aid courses on offer, please click here. Click below to download or print our course information