Mental Health First Aid: Adult (2 day)
Our two day mental health first aid course qualifies you as a ‘Mental Health First Aider’.
On completion of the training Mental Health First Aiders will have:
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgmental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support including, self help resources whether that’s through their employer, NHS or a mixture of different support strategies
- Why Mental Heath First Aid?
- The Mental Health First Aid action plan
- What is mental health?
- Impact of mental health issues
- Stigma and discrimination
- What is depression?
- Symptoms of depression
- Risk factors for depression
- Depression in the workplace
- Suicide figures
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- First aid for suicidal crisis
- Non-judgmental listening skills
- First aid for depression
- Treatment and resources for depression
- What is an anxiety disorder?
- First aid for anxiety disorders
- Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
- Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
- Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders
- Cognitive distortions and CBT
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
- What is psychosis?
- Risk factors for psychosis
- Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
- Bipolar disorder
- Warning signs of developing psychosis
- Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
- Treatment and resources for psychosis
- Recovery and building resources
- Action planning for using MHFA
The training is delivered by an experienced and qualified ‘Mental Health First Aid (MHFA England)’ instructor using a combination of presentations, group discussion and workshop activities.
On completion of the course each delegate will receive a Mental Health First Aider reference manual and a Mental Health First Aider certificate.
To see the range of mental health first aid courses we offer, please click here. Click below to download or print our course information sheet