IOSH Directing Safely
IOSH will be discontinuing the IOSH Directing Safely course in June 2017. Click here to read more on what happens now.
Safety and health is not just a legal requirement, it’s integral in many of today’s successful companies. It brings huge benefits for reputation, productivity and results. The purpose of the IOSH Directing Safely course is to give anyone with leadership responsibility the practical knowledge and solutions for sustainable business advantage through good safety and health practice. Businesses are already realising the benefits from Directing Safely, using workable solutions and creating inclusive and well-managed organisational cultures with faster pay-back. Led from the top and incorporated into management systems, better safety and health practice can be a genuine investment for your organisation.
Who is it for?
The Directing safely course is intended for people with strategic responsibility within ‘small and medium sized enterprises’ (ie, those with fewer than 250 employees).
A safer working environment is of course, a moral imperative, but a happier and more confident workforce leads to valuabl business benefits. Your company will be rewarded by:
- Reduced accident rates, absence and sick leave
- Increased productivity and profits
- Improved reputation among suppliers, clients and partners
- Reduced insurance premiums and legal costs
- Better business continuity
Directing Safely will sharpen your skill-set and make you a more effective leader. It will give your organisation the expertise it needs to succeed.
What you’ll learn?
On successful completion of the ‘Directing safely’ course, participants will be able to:
• Understand the importance of strategic health and safety management and its integration into other business management systems
• Understand directors’ and employees’ statutory duties
• Identify accident causes and plan for prevention through hazard identification, risk assessment and control strategies
• Appreciate the consequences of failing to manage health and safety effectively
• Understand the importance of employee selection and the effect of human factors on health and safety
• Recognise the importance of consultation and communication with employees on health and safety issues
• Appreciate the significance of performance monitoring for continual improvement of health and safety management
We have a hands-on approach to all our training and where possible we try to bespoke the content to the industry or organisation attending, this ensures the course is engaging and relevant for the delegates. We currently have the only Dorset based IOSH Directing Safely trainer within the Ouch Team who has wealth of experience in risk management. All tutors hold professional membership of the chartered Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
What our clients say?
“Excellent course! The delivery style was great and really engaging. This course has given me loads of ideas to how we can build on the work we’re already doing to promote a positive health and safety culture.” Chris Barker, Director of Services at PSS
“Simon obviously researched Hall & Woodhouse in length- this made a huge difference in terms of engagement.” Mark James, Hall & Woodhouse
“Very useful- picked up a lot of information and ideas, which we can now implement.” Christopher Kane, Greendale Construction Ltd
Because your time is precious, we’ve designed this course to be delivered over 1 day. The course can be delivered in-house or individuals can attend open courses in Manchester and Dorset. All our open IOSH Directing Safely courses include a complimentary lunch.
Our training doesn’t just end once you’ve completed the course, Ouch provide on-going advice and support:
- Join our mailing list and get regular updates, hints and tips
- Get involved in our social media discussions or ask questions to help you progress your learning once you’re back in your working environment