British Safety Council Level 2 Award in Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Risk Assessment
The course provides delegates with the information necessary to undertake and document Display Screen Equipment risk assessments. It gives an insight into the legislation and background behind Display Screen Equipment assessment and examines the implications of incorrect Display Screen Equipment usage. As well as being a legal requirement, Display Screen Equipment assessments can also prevent ill health and musculature disorders that poorly designed workstations can cause. The course incorporates a practical session covering how to set up and use a workstation correctly.
Who is it for?
Anyone responsible for carrying out initial or reviewing current Display Screen Equipment risk assessments.
- Reasons for conducting DSE risk assessments
- Main legislation relating to DSE risk assessment
- Competencies required of DSE risk assessors
- Health effects relating to DSE use
- Main causes of ill-health relating to DSE use
- Principles and benefits of good ergonomic design
- Minimum requirements for workstations
- Recording the findings of a DSE risk assessment
- Making recommendations based on the findings
- Reviewing and revising a DSE risk assessment
By the end of the course delegates should have the knowledge and understanding necessary to enable the undertaking and co-ordination of workstation assessments. Delegates will gain a deep understanding of the problems caused by working with poorly designed workstations. A thorough knowledge of legal requirements along side ways in which to implement new strategies will be gained throughout the course.
Online DSE risk assessment task
This course is delivered through a one day program and can be run in-house for up to 15 delegates. Complimentary lunch is also included for any delegates attending our DSE open courses.
“Simon made what could have been an uninteresting course enjoyable and informative, using his knowledge and expertise, as well as useful case studies to explain topic areas.” Helen Lloyd, Bournemouth Water
“Very good delivery of the course- engaging and entertaining whilst knowledgeable and practical. I can’t wait to do my first assessment!” Ann Bradley, East Borough Housing Trust