British Safety Council Level 2 Award in Principles of Risk Assessment
This qualification is designed to help improve the workplace culture for occupational health and safety by enabling learners to understand the basic principles of risk assessment.
Who is it for?
Anyone in a work environment as it raises learners’ awareness of the concept of risk assessment.
Why is this training important?
Employers have a legal obligation to carry out risk assessments and employees are often asked to contribute to this process.
- This qualification covers the following topics:
- The main causes of work-related fatalities, injuries and ill-health
- The reasons for preventing accidents and ill-health at work
- The role of risk assessment in accident and ill-health prevention
- The legal requirements for risk assessment
- Key terms associated with risk assessment
- The process for undertaking a risk assessment
- Factors affecting the level of risk from workplace hazards
- Methods that can be used to prioritise risks
- Providing information about and recording risk assessments.
1 day programme
Multiple choice examination
Accredited by Ofqual (601/2320/5)