First Aid at Work
This comprehensive course aims to equip delegates with the essential knowledge and practical experience to enable them to carry out first aid in the workplace. Delegates will learn vital skills by participating in unique practical exercises and scenarios devised by Ouch. This course complies with Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
Who is it for?
The course is suitable for those staff who must obtain a First Aid At Work certificate and become designated First Aiders in their workplace.
- Assessing the casualty
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Burns and scalds
- Eye injuries
- Casualties overcome by gas or fumes
- Recognition and treatment of illness
- Transportation of casualties
- Client specific subjects including diabetes, epilepsy etc.
- Place pads an follow instructions of an AED (defib) unit
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Act safely, promptly and effectively during emergencies at work
- Use first aid equipment
- Understand employer duties and legislation
- Maintain first aid records
- Recognise the importance of personal hygiene in first aid procedures
Practical assessment and multiple choice examination. If successful, the delegate will receive a First Aid At Work certificate, which is valid for three years. It is strongly recommended that delegates attend an annual 3 hour first aid refresher course – please contact Ouch for further details).
Please note: To continue and renew this qualification learners must attend a First Aid at Work Re-qualification course within the final 3 months of the 3 year certificate expiry period.
Minimum of 18 hours (normally run over 3 days)
This course can be run in-house for up to 12 delegates or individuals can attend our open courses.
Certified by The First Aid Industry Body (FAIB) who have accreditation through UKAS.