UKATA Asbestos Awareness Certificate
Ouch Training Team are proud to deliver the UKATA Asbestos Awareness course. Not many people know that asbestos still kills around 5,000 workers each year, this is more than the number of people killed in road traffic accidents.
What’s it all about?
Asbestos Awareness training is legally required for anyone who may be exposed to asbestos materials during their work and those that supervise their activities. Successful completion of the UKATA Asbestos Awareness course will demonstrate a basic awareness of asbestos and compliance with Regulation 10 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012.
What you’ll learn?
Our UKATA Asbestos Awareness course is proving to be really popular – highly interactive and taught by experts. During the course you will:
- Understand the legislation involved and your legal responsibility
- Find out how damaging asbestos can be to your health
- Decipher the types, uses and likely occurrences of asbestos
- Learn about how to deal with asbestos in an emergency
Who is it for?
Asbestos Awareness Training is designed for employees whose work could expose them to asbestos. Also, this UKATA Asbestos Awareness course is useful for anyone requiring a better understanding of the basic elements of asbestos and is a good ‘stepping stone’ to more in-depth courses.
Our Ouch Trainer
This Asbestos Awareness course is registered by UKATA and run by our most experienced trainers, who are qualified to BOHS P402 & P405 standards and have over 15 years experience in the health and safety industry.
What our clients say
“Very informative, a different approach than usual courses.” Chris Cadwell, Wessex Group
“What could be a very dry subject, actually ended up being really interesting.” Gavin Barnes, CEDC
Our training doesn’t end when the course finishes, we provide on-going advice and support:
- Join our mailing list- receive updates on legislation changes and hints & tips
- Join our social media discussions and ask questions to help progress your learning when your back in your working environment
This is a 3.5 hour course which can be run in-house for up to 12 delegates or join one of our open courses at our own training facilities.