Introduction to Professional Boundaries
Who needs this qualification?
The Introduction to Professional Boundaries short course is designed for people who work with the public as a service provider. It will enable them to establish professional boundaries thus protecting themselves, their company and the client. It will give the service provider the confidence to create a professional boundary and ensure that the line is not crossed. This not only covers communication and confidentiality but also social media where there are hidden risks. The course content can be tailored specifically to your company’s requirements. It can utilise existing company policies and procedures, highlighting and addressing any relevant areas of concern. This course builds upon recognised models of safeguarding, equality and diversity.
Why is this training important?
Professionals in the workplace will be able to challenge and refresh their thinking in line with Company policies and procedures. You will learn to recognise when boundaries are being tested and select appropriate strategies to manage situations effectively.
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Clearly describe expected behaviours in a workplace environment and feel confident to implement agreed boundaries
- Recognise the risks and controls needed to manage boundaries. (Inc. social media)
- Understand the difference between personal and professional behaviours
- Navigate and manage complex situations effectively
- Describe good working practice and reflect on their own development
- Recognise vulnerable clients and be aware of how to appropriately accommodate their individual needs.
Our enthusiastic trainer has a wealth of experience in setting professional boundaries in the workplace. The course is highly interactive including scenario’s and case studies, ensuring the training is realistic and effective.
Delegates are assessed throughout the session.
Please download our course information sheet below: